How To Make Dal Tadka?
Dal Tadka- Basic Indian Recipes
I wanted to begin with something easy and simple. And this time, because maybe i had made a genuine effort, i was not disappointed. Nor was Mr.P. My maiden attempt in making dal tadka had gone well. So well that i am brave enough to share the recipe with you all.Sending this to MLLA 50 hosted by Susan this month.
Recipe For Basic Dal Tadka
- Whole masoor dal or red lentils ¼ c
- Moong dal or yellow lentils ⅛ c
- Green chili 1 slit lengthwise
- Tomato 1 medium chopped finely
- Onion 1 medium chopped finely
- Garlic 3 cloves grated
- Ginger grated 2 tsp
- Hing a large pinch
- Oil 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Nigella seeds or onion seeds ½ tsp
- Dry chili 1
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Pressure cook the dals together with the tomato, green chili, garlic,ginger and turmeric until soft and mushy. I cooked them for 5 whistles.
- Once done,discard the green chili.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add cumin seeds and nigella seeds.
- Once it crackles, add the hing and the dry red chili.
- Now, add the chopped onions and saute them till pink.
- Now, add the cooked dals and salt.
- Combine well and simmer for about 3 to 4 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with phulkas or rice