The west suffers a cruel winter. They are hit by snow storms every other week. And when they are not being practically bamboozled by the snow storms, they find themselves knee deep in thick snow. Which they then shovel off with animosity.
Perhaps it is this thing about Winter that makes Spring a celebration of sorts in the west. But the eastern hemisphere inhabitants like us seem to care very little for spring.In fact, in India, Spring is almost forgotten unless somewhere, some random poet seems to remember the beautiful yet small period of time when everything is green and cheerful.
If you actually think and take a second look around you, you will find that Spring has brought in so many pleasant changes as against winter. The humming of the bees, the lush green leaves on mango trees symbolising the onset of the hot summer and the juicy mangoes,flowers nodding to the gentle breeze. Oh the list can go on. And as if almost immediately, our way of eating also changes. Spring is also about cheerful friends. Says who? Says me. And that s why, my bestest friend Radhika of Tickling Palates and i are hosting this together. Million thanks Radhi for doing this for me. You are simply brilliant!
While we all tucked away our feet under a thick blanket and sipped a large mug of hot chocolate only a few days ago, come spring, we take to sucking on lollies, eating fruit and drinking lemonade. Well, you all would have almost guessed what this event is about!
Your Kitchen In Spring is all about colors. Bold and brilliant. Its about making your food as colorful as possible using seasonal veggies and fruits. And to top it all off, you have the chance to win Tarla Dalal s 100 Calorie Snacks as a giveaway. At the end of the event, two people will be chosen using random.org for the giveaway. The winners will receive a copy each. And the winners will be announced on April 10th, 2013. Read on to know more about the event and how you can participate.
Rules To Participate In The Event
1. Make any dish that features colorful veggies and fruits like carrots, strawberries, spinach etc. But boring colors will not be accepted. You cant use artificial food color too. And if you make something that s terribly boring in color, like say, plantain fritters, that will not be counted. OK? OK.
2. The event runs from March 5th 2013 to April 5th 2013. You can either link up your entries here or at Radhika s page. Your entries must have been posted on your blog between these dates. No archived entries.
3. You must have a picture of the dish.
4. Only one entry per person shall be accepted. This is because of the give away involved.
5. In order to be eligible to win the giveaway, you must have an Indian shipping address.
6. Link back your posts to this page and to Radhika s page. Usage of the logo will help spread the word. Also, hey! a lot of work went into that logo. So, you can sport it, wont you?
7. In order to be eligible to win the giveaway, you must leave a comment on what recipe you would like to be featured in Tomato Blues and Tickling Palates in the future.
So what are you waiting for? Start painting your kitchen red, blue and yellow and get us some of those dishes. Link up using the linky tool given below. In case you are unable to add your link, shoot an email with your name , your blog name, your blog post URL to email@example.com