Watermelon, Orange and Tender Coconut Cooler is a great drink to enjoy during Summers. Summer in Baroda is not what Summers used to be in Coimbatore. And the same applies to monsoons too. While in Coimbatore, a slight drizzle will change the weather to a pleasant chill, the rains in Baroda simply make you hot and sticky, thanks to humidity. So, yes the monsoons have begun. But the heat is not gone yet. And i just wanted to make sure that we stay hydrated despite sweating like pigs.
I made this Watermelon, orange and tender coconut cooler on a whim. I had no idea what i was doing. I just blitzed everything up and we had this gorgeous drink to make us feel fresh and light through out the day. This recipe uses fresh tender coconut water. I do not know if canned ones will work. But you can always give it a try.
Recipe For Watermelon Orange Tender Coconut Cooler
- Watermelon cubes 1 cup seeds removed
- Freshly squeezed orange juice 1 cup
- Tender coconut water 2 cups
- Thai Basil leaves 3 to 4 chopped finely
- Place the watermelon and basil in a blender along with the orange juice and blitz to a juice.
- Strain this juice completely.
- To this add the tender coconut water and mix well.
- Let sit in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Serve cold over ice.
2. Adding basil is optional but recommended.
3. I have not added any sugar to this because the tender coconut and watermelon were sweet enough. You may add some if desired.