How To Make Thai Style Quinoa Salad Recipe. Vegan. Gluten Free. Grain Free.
Eating healthy has suddenly become the trend world over. And people are developing all kinds of food allergies more than ever. The most common among them all are allergies to gluten and dairy products. People allergic to gluten are always on the look out for healthy and delicious gluten free options and this Thai style quinoa salad will fit that bill perfectly. As a part of this month s new ingredient trial, i picked quinoa. If you live in India and are looking to buy quinoa, then Godrej’s Nature Basket s Quinoa can be bought online on their website.
Quinoa, pronounced as keen-wah is a healthier altenative to rice. Its gluten free and filling. It s basically a seed and not a grain. It is filled with fiber and works wonderfully well in recipes that call for wheat too. This thai style quinoa salad recipe is inspired from the regular thai salads that use lime, soy sauce and sesame oil in the vinaigrette. You can find the recipe for the Thai style vinaigrette here.
Thai Style Quinoa Salad Recipe
- White quinoa ½ c
- Red bell pepper 2 tbsp sliced into julienne strips
- Green bell pepper 2 tbsp sliced into julienne strips
- Carrot ¼ c peeled into julienne strips
- Red onion 1 small chopped finely
- Green garlic scapes 2 tbsp chopped finely
- Japanese cucumber 1 small peeled and chopped finely
- Thai style salad vinaigrette 3 tbsp
- Roasted peanuts 2 tbsp crushed coarsely
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions. ½ cup of uncooked quinoa yields 2 cups of cooked quinoa approximately.
- Let the quinoa cool completely.
- Once cool, place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl along with the cooked quinoa and toss well.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.
You may also add other seeds like sunflower seeds or pepita for a crunchy texture.