How To Make Berry Compote In The Microwave?
Berry Compote is a delicious berry sauce that can be made under 5 mins in the Microwave. Vegan. GF. Microwave Recipes.
Berry compote is nothing but berries cooked to a sauce consistency along with sugar and lemon juice. This compote can either be made on stove top like this strawberry compote or in the microwave in less than 5 mins. I made this mixed berry compote in the microwave a few weeks back using just five ingredients. This berry compote keeps well in the fridge for up to 10 days and tastes great with pancakes or on ice cream as a topping. When i posted the strawberry compote almost a year back, i had mentioned that i will post a microwave version. I used a mixture of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries to make this compote. You can also use any one single berry to make this microwave compote. This is a vegan and gluten free compote recipe that you can even use as a sauce to dress up your oatmeal or porridge. Shall we now check out how to make mixed berry compote in the microwave?
Recipe For Mixed Berry Compote
- Strawberries 15 hulled
- Blueberries ½ cup
- Raspberries ½ cup
- Icing sugar 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Wash the berries and drain completely.
- Let them air dry for a couple of minutes
- Combine all the ingredients in a large microwave safe glass bowl.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high for a minute.
- After a min, remove and give the compote a stir.
- Cook again on high in the microwave for 1 min or until sauce begins to bubble.
- Remove and stir.
- Return to the microwave and cook for another 45 secs on high.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate.
- Use as required.