How To Make Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream With Roasted Berries?
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM WITH ROASTED BERRIES- AN EASY EGGLESS NO CHURN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM MADE WITH PANTRY BASICS. SUMMER RECIPES. ICE CREAM RECIPES.
Homemade chocolate ice cream with roasted berries is a true delight during hot summers. Technically, this was supposed to be just good old homemade chocolate ice cream. Ever since i began making ice cream at home, we have stopped eating ice cream outside. Seriously, nothing can equal a scoop of homemade chocolate ice cream or strawberry ice cream. While we love both chocolate and strawberry ice creams individually, the idea of combining the both came to me when a box of strawberries was reaching its prime. I decided to roast the berries in the oven until juicy and toss them in with my homemade chocolate ice cream. This however is totally optional. You can keep this as just some plain old chocolate ice cream.
This ice cream is something that will make you look like ice cream queen. Why? Because it is no churn. It has no eggs. It doesn’t need fancy equipment, no, not even a fancy ice cream tin. And its rich, creamy, velvety and oh so chocolatey! Yes, i made that word up. I love making my own words. Especially, when it comes to describing my homemade chocolate ice cream with roasted berries. I used a freezer safe take away container to make this ice cream. My sorry pictures bear testimony to that. I did not go to any lengths to take beautiful photos this time. Because i forgot to freeze my bowls every single time i planned a shoot and i ran out of ice cubes, thanks to summer.
That said and done, let me talk some more chocolate ice cream. Ok, i know. I m talking a lot. But guys, this is chocolate ice cream without an ice cream maker. So pleassseeeee bear with me, ok? Okay. I used some good quality chocolate chips to make this ice cream. And a very teeny tiny amount of cocoa powder to bring out that color. Also, i roasted the strawberries i Balsamic. That kind of really gave a nice tang to the bitter sweet chocolate ice cream. You got to trust me on this one.While this homemade chocolate ice cream is an indulgence all on its own, a handful of roasted berries takes it to a gourmet level. So, if you can get your hands on some good strawberries, which i m sure you can, it being summer, then please roast them and mix them in. So, shall we get a move on with the recipe, then? I guess, i have talked enough.
Recipe for Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream With Roasted Berries
- For The Chocolate Ice Cream
- Condensed milk 300 ml
- Heavy cream 140 ml
- Dark chocolate chips ¾ c + 2 tbsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- For The Roasted Berries
- Strawberries 10 to 12
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine ¾ c of chocolate chips with half the cream and microwave on high for 1 min in 20 sec intervals.
- Make sure you stop every 20 secs and give the chips a good stir.
- Also ensure that the chips are completely melted. This may take a little more than 1 min depending on your microwave.
- Once done, remove from the microwave and set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the remaining cream and whip till stiff peaks form.
- Now, add the condensed milk, vanilla, melted chocolate chip mixture and cocoa powder and whip again until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze for about 4 hours or until set.
- Towards the end of the setting time, preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Place the strawberries in a shallow roasting pan.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top of the strawberries and sprinkle sugar.
- Toss lightly.
- Roast in the preheated oven until strawberries begin to bubble .
- Set aside to cool.
- Once set, remove from the freezer.
- Place the ice cream in a high power blender and blend to smooth.
- Now, pour this back into a freezer safe dish.
- Add 2 tbsp chocolate chips into this and mix using a fork.
- Now, add the roasted strawberries along with all the liquid and gently mix with a fork taking care not to bruise the berries further.
- You may be lucky to even get a swirled pattern in your ice cream if you do this patiently.
- Once done, return the container back to the freezer and freeze overnight.
- The next day, scoop and serve immediately.
2. Addition of roasted berries is optional but highly recommended