How To Make Dhania Chole Masala?
DHANIA CHOLE MASALA- ALSO HARA DHANIA CHANNA MASALA IS A CILANTRO FLAVORED CHICKPEA CURRY.
Dhania chole masala is a refreshing change to the regular channa masala that we make. I came across this fresh coriander flavored chole masala in one of my friends’ feed on instagram. And i was instantly sold because my love for fresh coriander is quite deep.The recipe is from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s website. I did not make any changes to the recipe because i liked how it came about.
Shall we now check how to make Dhania Chole Masala step by step?
Soak channa in enough water for 8 hours. Drain water, add fresh water and salt and pressure cook till channa is cooked and tender. Drain half the water from the cooked channa and set aside the rest.
Heat a pan and dry roast cumin, cloves, cinnamom, black cardamom and coriander for 1 min on low flame. Let cool and grind to a smooth powder.
Combine green coriander leaves, green chilies and 1/4 cup of water and grind to a smooth paste in a blender. Set aside.
Heat a pan with 3 tbsp ghee. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 30 secs.Add onions and saute until pink and translucent.
Once done, add the freshly ground masala, all spice powders except aamchur powder and mix well. Cook for 30 secs on low flame. Then add the ground coriander paste and mix well. Cook for 2 mins on medium flame. Immediately add the cooked channa along with the water and mix well. Adjust salt. Simmer for 5 mins. Sprinkle aamchur powder once done, close and let stand for 5 mins before serving.
Recipe For Dhania Chole Masala
- Chickpeas (channa) 1 cup
- Fresh green coriander 200 g stalks removed and chopped finely
- Green chilies 2
- Onions 2 chopped finely
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Black salt 1 tsp
- Ginger 1 tsp julienne
- Green chili 1 sliced thinly.
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Aamchur powder 1 tsp
- To roast and grind
- Cloves 2
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick ½" piece
- Black cardamom pods from 1 cardamom
- Soak channa for 8 hours in enough water.
- Once soaked, drain water, add 2.5 to 3 cups of water along with salt and pressure cook for 4 whistles until soft and cooked.
- Once done, remove, drain and half the water from the channa and set aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the whole spices on low flame till aromatic.
- Let cool and grind to a smooth powder.
- Combine coriander leaves and green chilies with ¼ c water and grind to a smooth paste in a blender.
- Heat pan with ghee.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 30 secs.
- Add chopped onions next and fry till pink.
- Now, add the fresh ground masala along with all other spice powders except aamchur powder.
- Mix and cook on low flame for 30 secs.
- Add ground coriander paste and mix well
- Cook for 2 to 3 mins on medium flame.
- Add the cooked channa along with salt next.
- Mix well and simmer for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Once done, sprinkle aamchur powder on top and let sit for 5 mins .
- Serve hot garnished with ginger julienne and green chilies.