Apple And Cucumber Salad In A Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Apple And Cucumber Salad With A Delicious Mustard Based Vinaigrette.
This apple and cucumber salad done up with a delicious mustard and honey vinaigrette is all you need if you are counting your calories or if you are on a low carb diet. I happened to grab a few granny smith apples a while back. I prefer them in my ABC juice because they lend a nice tart taste to the juice. But the moment i bought them, my daughter caught on a cold.
As a result, i couldn’t do my regular juicing. I did manage to consume one of those apples in the form of this lip smacking chutney. But i was still left with 2 more of them. They were too tart to be eaten on their own and that s when this apple and cucumber salad came to my rescue.
I also had a bag of mixed salad greens, some cherry tomatoes and some butter lettuce that i threw in to this salad to make it crunchy. The vinaigrette happened on a whim as always. I just mixed up some good old dijon mustard, honey, white pepper, salt and white wine vinegar to balance out the flavors and i must admit, it came as one hell of a dressing. Shall we now check out the recipe for this crunchy apple and cucumber salad?
Recipe For Apple And Cucumber Salad
- Granny smith apples 2 cored and sliced thinly
- Cherry tomatoes 10 halved
- Japanese cucumber 1 medium sliced thinly
- Beijing cabbage ¼ c shredded
- Pumpkin seeds (pepita) 1 tbsp
- Raisins 2 tbsp
- Rocket leaves 10
- Butter lettuce ¼ c shredded
- For The Dressing:
- Dijon mustard 1 tbsp
- Honey 1 tbsp
- White wine vinegar 2 tsp
- White pepper powder 1 tsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, place the mustard, honey, vinegar, olive oil, pepper powder and salt and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the apples, cucumbers, cabbage, pumpkin seeds, raisins, rocket, tomatoes and lettuce to this bowl and mix gently or toss lightly.
- Serve immediately