How To Make Mango Lemonade?
MANGO LEMONADE- A REFRESHING SUMMERY LEMONADE WITH FRESH MANGOES AND A HINT OF MINT. SUMMER RECIPES.VEGAN
Mango lemonade is probably the best way to indulge in lemonade. There is really nothing better on a hot Summer’s afternoon than a lemonade that is bursting with the flavors of fresh mangoes. I had too many mangoes from my recent visit to Mustafa. After making some delicious mango gelee panacotta and this crazy good mango jalapeno taco sauce, i was left with about 2 cups of chopped Alphonso mangoes. Singapore has been getting hotter over this month and i decided that mango lemonade is going to be one helluva way to beat the heat.
When i made the mango lemonade for the first time, i was really not very impressed. There was something missing. Yes, i was very sure. You see, i have become very particular over the years about my lemonade. And so, i decided to experiment a bit with this version. I thought a nice Indian spicy kick would take my mango lemonade to a different level and i was not wrong. This lemonade calls for very simple ingredients but the key to making fine mango lemonade lies in finding the best mangoes you can lay your hands on. I added a bit of Jaljeera powder to give the lemonade a new flavor but feel free to skip it if you are not a Jaljeera fan.
In case you are interested, here are some more lemonade recipes for you.
Recipe For Mango Lemonade
- Mangoes 2 cups peeled and chopped ( see notes below)
- Lemon juice ¼ c
- Sugar ½ c
- Water ½ c
- Jaljeera powder ½ tsp
- Mint leaves 10
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Ice cubes to serve
- Combine sugar and water along with the mint in a pan.
- Heat the pan until sugar melts completely.
- Let the syrup cool completely.
- Once cool, strain and discard the mint leaves.
- Add lemon juice to this and mix well.
- Place the mangoes, jaljeera powder and the simple syrup in a blender and blend to a smooth puree.
- Once done, pour into a clean bottle and store in the fridge.
- To make one glass of mango lemonade, combine 2 parts of mango lemonade concentrate and 4 parts of cold water and mix well.
- Add lemon wedges and ice cubes.
- Serve immediately.
2. The mangoes were too sweet and so i used only ½ c of sugar. In case your mangoes are not very sweet, increase the sugar to ¾ c and use equal amount of water to make the simple syrup
3. The concentrate keeps well in the fridge for a week.